Dear exchange student, the University for Foreigners in Perugia, one of the oldest and most prestigious Institutions in Italy in the field of teaching Italian language and culture to foreigners, is proud to welcome you in a unique reality, where Italian and foreign students are called to live in a multiethnic environment, taking full advantage of the best conditions for their studies in such international context.
The personnel of the Erasmus program and International mobility office will be constant reference for you throughout all your stay, to help you to live an important experience of study and information.
How to apply: necessary documents
- Application form
- Nomination letter (To be released by the International Office of the Home University) which must include:
- Name, Surname, date of birth, home address of the student
- Period of stay at the Host Institution (from…to…) and kind of course to undertake
- Contacts of the student (email, phone)
- Copy of the passport
- jpg passport-sized picture
Upon reception of the above mentioned documents, the following documents will be emailed to your coordinator:
- Official certificate of enrolment, including the official dates of the courses
- Acceptance letter as exchange student.
These documents are necessary to start the procedure to get the Visa to enter Italy.
Application documents should be submitted at least two months before the beginning of the exchange mobility period.
Exchange students at the University for Foreigners Perugia are offered the opportunity to attend all the courses activated in the following areas
- Italian language and culture distance courses
Courses in Italian language and culture are available at all levels; students with no knowledge or a minimum knowledge of the Italian language and strongly invited to follow the language courses during the mobility period.
First level Degree courses
- Comunicazione Internazionale e Pubblicitaria (ComIP)
- Lingua e Cultura Italiana (LICI)
- Made in Italy, Cibo e Ospitalità (MICO)
- Digital humanities per l'italiano (link)
- Studi internazionali per la sostenibilità e la sicurezza sociale (link)
Second level Degree courses
- Comunicazione pubblicitaria, storytelling e cultura d'immagine (ComPSI)
- Relazioni internazionali e cooperazione allo sviluppo (RICS)
- Italiano per l'insegnamento a stranieri (ItAS)
The overall list of the subjects available in each semester is published a few days before the beginning of the academic semester. Students are advised to check the availability of the subjects immediately after their arrival in Perugia in order to confirm their study plan officially.
Courses are taught in Italian (only a limited number of subjects will be offered in English).
Please note: Students with a poor knowledge of the Italian language (A1 and A2) are invited to attend courses in Italian language and Culture. The minimum level recommended for incoming student to attend classes of Degree courses is B1.
Academic calendar 2020/21
- 1st six month period: from 1 October to 23 December 2020
- 2nd six month period:from 1 March to 31 May 2021
Students can look for their accommodation by the means of the following services:
- City campus (https://www.unistrapg.it/it/vivere-il-campus/servizi/alloggi-city-campus)
- Cerc@lloggio umbria (https://www.unistrapg.it/it/accomodation)